Re: [PROPOSED] Change package relations policy to remove references to non-free from main
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [PROPOSED] Change package relations policy to remove references to non-free from main
- From: Manoj Srivastava <email@example.com>
- Date: 01 Dec 1999 10:20:55 -0600
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: Anthony Towns's message of "Wed, 1 Dec 1999 10:45:00 +1000"
- References: <email@example.com> <Pine.LNX.3.96.991130142430.17179Mfirstname.lastname@example.org> <19991201104500.B13876@azure.humbug.org.au>
>>"Anthony" == Anthony Towns <email@example.com> writes:
Anthony> FWIW, I vaguely do too: enhances doesn't scale particularly
Actually, niether does suggests, if we are trying to be
exhaustive. ZI can come up with thousands of packages that depend on
and enhance Emacs; having all these as suggests inemacs is niether
desirable nor scalable.
Anthony> That said, Enhances: is a nice idea, and, until dselect and the
Anthony> various apt frontends are fixed to not whine unnecessarily, having all
Anthony> main> ->non-free suggestions be forced to be enhances
Anthony> doesn't seem any worse than the current situation, and
Anthony> better in a couple of ways.
Give me a fish and I will eat today. Teach me to fish and I will eat
Manoj Srivastava <firstname.lastname@example.org> <http://www.debian.org/%7Esrivasta/>
Key C7261095 fingerprint = CB D9 F4 12 68 07 E4 05 CC 2D 27 12 1D F5 E8 6E