Re: [PROPOSED] Change package relations policy to remove references to non-free from main

Hi,

 Raul> On Mon, Nov 29, 1999 at 08:54:56PM +0100, Roland Rosenfeld wrote:
 >> Your proposal means, that I should remove netpbm-nonfree from
 >> transfig's suggests and add "Enhances: netpbm-nonfree" to
 >> netpbm-nonfree.
 >>
 >> Is this really the correct way?  Why does the maintainer of
 >> netpbm-nonfree have to change his package every time some package from
 >> main suggests it?  This may be political correct, but it is not
 >> logical or consistent.

 Raul> Wichert just this week made the change to dpkg which to support this
 Raul> system.

        Say what? Wichert just made a change to support enhances, and
 that addresses Rolands concerns? How? How does supporting enhances
 address the fact that the enhanced package has to keep track of all
 the packages that enhance it? Huh?

        manoj
--
 Nihilism should commence with oneself.