Re: Icon and pixmap location

Julian Gilbey <J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk> writes:

Im don't think I'm subscribed to -policy. Please Cc]

> (1) All pixmaps and bitmaps live in /usr/share/icons.  End of story.
>     *NO* pixmaps or bitmaps will live in /usr/X11R6/include.

Add a or /usr/local/... to that.

Debian packages shouldn't (of course) place anything there, but
programs looking for {bit,pix}maps should look there too.

--
I congratulate you. Happy goldfish bowl to you, to me, to everyone,
and may each of you fry in hell forever.