Re: Thoughts about src-dep implementation

On Fri, Oct 29, 1999 at 01:09:45PM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 28, 1999 at 01:16:49PM +0200, Roman Hodek wrote:
> > Therefore my suggestion to store the src-dep information somewhere in
> > a file in the build tree. Do you have better ideas?
>
> I think my idea above is better, because it leaves the critical information
> into the place where it belongs. Are there any disadvantages with my
> suggestion?

The problem comes for the actual maintainer who wishes to update the
source deps (and doesn't always use a .dsc, since he is just building a
new package). The Build-* stuff should come from the debian/control file
/after the package is built, but before the source tree is cleaned/.

Ben