Re: Source dependencies: are we ready?

At 11:34 +0200 1999-10-27, Roman Hodek wrote:
c) can setup a buildroot and start building everything that is needed to
	 build a package

Ouch... Do you want to build glibc before building any package? And
build all src-deps of glibc transitively (this includes gcc, bzip2,
tetex-bin, ...) ??

He means have that as an ability, but I don't see that as relevant to what we *need* for source depends to be useful.

As an aside, I don't think the present dpkg-buildpackage is a suitable platform for dependency checking, being that it's only a shell script.

I've eliminated the tetex-bin dependency, BTW. bzip2 hadn't occurred to me as a dependency, but I guess it is. What else? patch? We need to discuss what's build-essential anyway. Here's a start:

libc-dev
gcc
g++
libstdc++-dev
patch
make
dpkg-dev
binutils
bison
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                    Debian GNU/Linux Developer
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                 <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>