Re: Stop archive bloat: 47MB gmt-coast-full_19991001-1.deb

Hi Anthony.

On Wed, 20 October 1999 11:07:47 +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > Now, who of the ones that *can* change policy is going to do
> > anything on it? Please, can some of those give the many of
> > us an idea of what is the problem or (possibly) what I am
> > getting wrong?
>
> (a) There's not much point changing policy when the code's not written.
> (b) IIRC the policy proposal *requires* .bz2 compression for all sources,
>     rather than just allowing it, which isn't ideal.

The consensus was a different one, mind you. You would be
right here, if not that point (iirc!) was discussed.

Besides, this proposal turns out to be useful and Chris
wrote some code that hopefully makes it into dpkg soon,
if there are no objections from Wichert.

And I was thinking of the rather numerous (increasingly)
proposals that are waiting to be included and do not need
code. There is a general policy document update pending...

Alexander

--
"Video killed the radio star ... then the Spice Girls killed the rest."
-- Alan Braverman