Re: Stop archive bloat: 47MB gmt-coast-full_19991001-1.deb

On Oct 20, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > Now, who of the ones that *can* change policy is going to do
> > anything on it? Please, can some of those give the many of
> > us an idea of what is the problem or (possibly) what I am
> > getting wrong?
>
> (a) There's not much point changing policy when the code's not written.
> (b) IIRC the policy proposal *requires* .bz2 compression for all sources,
>     rather than just allowing it, which isn't ideal.

When the proposal was being discussed, we reached a consensus that it
ought to be allowed but not required.  So the only real issue is (a),
writing the code.

Chris
|          Chris Lawrence         |       Get Debian GNU/Linux CDROMs       |
|     <quango@watervalley.net>    |      http://www.lordsutch.com/cds/      |
|     Grad Student, Pol. Sci.     |         Your site belongs here.         |
|    University of Mississippi    |     [Commercialize your sig today!]     |