Re: Packages should not Conflict on the basis of duplicate functionality

> If you want to run two httpd's, popd's or mta's, you'll probably have to
> do more than the usual tweaking to the package setup anyway, so what is
> really the big deal of having to:
>
> 1.  `apt-get source foo`
> 2.  edit various files, mostly in debian/
> 3.  add an epoch to the package version
> 4.  `fakeroot debian/rules binary`
> 5.  `sudo dpkg -i foo.deb`

What's really the big deal of having to

1. apt-get install apache roxen

By putting an epoch in the version number you defeat the whole automatic
upgrade system.

> If you must insist that these matters be resolved formally, then please be
> so generous to provide us with some reference implementations of a generic
> /usr/sbin/{httpd,popd,smtpd}-config.

I see absolutely no need for an httpd-config.  I'm perfectly happy
with they way apache, apache-ssl, and roxen coexist.