Re: static user IDs

> >Please provide a rationale. Some of my packages need a static ID (64000
> >is assigned, the only one assigned so far) because their spool could
> >need to be NFS shared.

static user id´s are a _problem_ with nfs, not a help.
that´s why this proposal is: if the user id is read via /etc/passwd
(or whatever you use), it is possible to sync the user id´s in
a nfs network environment.

with compiled in user ids it is not possible (without recompiling).

the only exception: root is always 0. compile this into your binary.

andreas