Re: A configuration tool for debian

  Diego> Hi,

  Diego> I've a proposal for a configuration tool;

        [...]

  Diego> My proposal is a Guile-based system similar to the emacs
  Diego> configuration system: emacs has a lisp builtin interpreter
  Diego> that parse arbitrary complex config file.

I like the idea of using a Lisp-like interpretor because it's a
powerful language.

        [...]

  Diego> 7) Many interfaces (GUI-based, web-based, etc.) could easily
  Diego> be done; they should only generate the *-conf.scm config
  Diego> files.

Something like Emacs customization features would be very nice I
think. Packages would define the variables they need, and describe
them. Then they could generate the config files using the values of
the variables. No need to parse the *-conf.scm files.

What about linuxconf ?

--
Laurent Martelli
martelli@iie.cnam.fr