Re: /usr/doc transition and other things

Hi,

 Anthony> On Wed, Sep 01, 1999 at 08:12:20AM -0400, Dale Scheetz wrote:
 >> It was my understanding that this situation could be resolved in the same
 >> fashion that the man and info transitions were. By making the docs viewing
 >> programs aware of both the old and new locations, and back porting them
 >> into slink, the broken tools issue is resolved.

 Anthony> AFAIK, it's just not possible to make Apache (and other web browsers)
 Anthony> make both /usr/doc and /usr/share/doc accessible at the one
 Anthony> http://localhost/doc URL.

        Hmm (checks to ensure he is awake). In this particular case,
 the symlink farm would make transition easier. Have things still look
 at /usr/doc, until /usr/share/doc is fully populated (or close to),
 then drop support for /usr/doc, and stop creating symlinks there.

        manoj
--
 I am NOT a nut....