Re: Consistent location of files in -doc packages.

On Sun, Aug 29, 1999 at 08:01:40AM +0100, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> Sombody wrote this, but I don't recall who:
> > /usr/doc/pkg-doc/copyright = /usr/doc/pkg/copyright; so either pkg-doc
> > doesn't have a copyright if pkg isn't installed, or pkg-doc and pkg have
> > the same file included in both packages, and thus conflict.
> Oops, I see the problem.  I overcame it in sgb by having a link
> /usr/doc/sgb/src -> /usr/doc/sgb-doc/examples (which was appropriate
> in my case).  Could this not be a general solution, albeit not a nice
> one?

I don't really think so, because in most cases, wouldn't this produce a
monstrosity like /usr/doc/<pkg>/more?  Would having /usr/doc/<pkg>/copyright
and /usr/doc/<pkg>/<pkg>-doc.copyright be acceptable?

	-=- James Mastros
--
God is dead
Flowers on his grave