Re: [PROPOSAL] Archive audit, cruft removal, unmaintained packages

Ben Collins wrote:
> Consider this a request for interest and comments. I've heard enough about
> this over the past few months to finally break down and formally propose
> it. This proposal breaks down into several issues, one is a proposal for
> policy to outline procedures for removing obsolete and unmaintained
> packages from the archive without regard to the bug count or other usual
> deciding factors.

First of all, I like the idea of killing cruft.

I just need to know, how does any of what you're proposing have anything to
do with debian policy? Policy deals with the interals of packages, and with
relationships and integration between packages. Policy does not deal with
who has the power to do what.

--
see shy jo