Re: I'm sorry to open another can of worms but.. /usr/share/man transition

Laurent Martelli <martelli@iie.cnam.fr> writes:

> My very personal opinion about all this, is that we need more
> abstraction : packages _should_not_ hardcode installation paths. I
> think that it should be an option that the sysadmin should be able to
> change anytime, without having to rebuild all packages.

I think this is a great idea in concept.  I think implementation may
be a bit tricky, though, and I'd hate to have to rely on this as a
short term solution.  But long term, yes, I would enthusiastically
support such an idea, or some reasonable subset, if it were well
thought out.  Now all we need is a *workable* proposal or six.  :-)