Re: Clarification: Eliminate nagging at installation time?

Norbert Nemec wrote:
> Ok, but the problem I see, is that you are forced to answer all the
> questions right there in the middle of the installation. If you don't want
> to (or can't) decide right there, there is oten no possibility to put it up
> for later. If you make a mistake, it is often not that easy to find out how
> to do that again. And what is most: Right now if you are installing a huge
> pile of packages, it looks like: Wait 50 secs * Answer one question * wait 1
> minute * Hit Return to confirm reading a warning and so on.

The configuration management proposal addresses this. All questioning is
done _before_ packages are installed. (We may even manage to detach the
questions so they can be downloaded first and then you could answer
questions while downloading the rest of the package!)

I suggest you read the proposal. http://www.debian.org/~wakkerma/config6/

This was all hashed out on the lists about 9 months ago. I think the current
spec meets all the needs people brough up then.

--
see shy jo