Re: Menu-2.0, optimized menu tree, hints

Je 1999/06/20(0)/12:06, Joseph Carter montris sian geniecon skribante:
> On Sun, Jun 20, 1999 at 02:50:51PM -0300, Nicolás Lichtmaier wrote:
> > > Would it be possible to group menu items that would be together, just do not
> > > put them in the menu? So my menu would become:
> > >
> > > Apps            >
> > > Games           >
> > > Screen          >
> > > System          >
> > > Window Managers >
> > > Command Tool
> > > Shell Tool
> > > Xterm
> >
> >  But you would loose the alphabetic sorting. Maybe just putting the
> > directories first would work too.
>
> I think it might be a job for your menu-method do to this, though I
> suppose the option of feeding the menu data to the script that way
> (submenus first) would be useful...  I have no idea how I'd get
> asclassic's menu-method to do what you describe here, but I sure wouldn't
> mind trying  =>

sort=$sort:ifelse($command,"last","first"):

Works because "last" comes alphabetically after "first", and because
submenus are guaranteed to have an empty $command.

Doesn't work because the sort= isn't implemented yet:)

But it is something I had on my todo list while writing menu-2.0 --
I just removed it because I wanted to finally release menu-2.0, and
was spending way too much time fixing those last bugs etc.

> On second thought, yes I do know how..  I have m4 do I not?  I might
> rewrite the menu-method I have to be able to do this if it isn't added to
> the menu package.

In the good old days, I used to be known to add functionality to menu
rather quickly after it was requested. I know I've been rather slow
lately, but I hope I'll be able to add most of what is suggested in
this discussion rather quickly.

--
joostje