Re: Menu-2.0, optimized menu tree, hints

On debian-policy, joost witteveen <joostje@cistron.nl> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've just released menu-2.0. It has many new features, one of
> wich is the automatic optimization of the menu tree, using
> something I've called "hints". This is what I want to start
> discussion about with this message.

Certianly interesting. The only change I could see in my menu was that
X-Shells had disappeared with its contents scattered around the root menu, and
the Screen menu had flatted itself.

Now my menu looks like this (in X11):

Apps            >
Command Tool
Games           >
Screen          >
Shell Tool
System          >
Window Managers >
Xterm

Would it be possible to group menu items that would be together, just do not
put them in the menu? So my menu would become:

Apps            >
Games           >
Screen          >
System          >