Re: /usr/local stuff [Was Editor and sensible-editor]

I'd agree with something along these lines, just from my own experiences
with my network, and more recently having to reload both of my surviving
machines pretty much from scratch. (Good reason for having multiple
drives)

My own thought would be to keep the regular config files in /etc or
/etc/<pkgname>, and to offer an /etc/share directory for any configuration
files that would make sense to be shared across pooled systems. On the
other hand, either the shared configuration directory should be mounted at
boot time (Problamatical for some networked configurations?), or anything
that needs to load at boot time would need to reload configurations after
the shared directory is mounted. From what I know right now, I don't
believe anything special would need to be done with any end-user or
application-type program apart from knowing where to find the shared conf
files.

just my two skittles. Hopefully this post helps. :>

--Ian Dalton