Re: Editor and sensible-editor

On 14-Jun-99, 01:51 (CDT), Brock Rozen <brozen@torah.org> wrote:
> One works under Debian, the other doesn't. While pico isn't part of
> Debian, there is a package available and I still use it. While that is of
> no interest to you, it makes a whole lot of a difference to me -- and
> since sensible-editor doesn't support it

Are you claiming that if you issue the command "export EDITOR=pico"
(assuming bash; modify as necessary for your shell) and then run
sensible-editor that it doesn't start pico (assuming VISUAL is not set)?
If so, I'm astonished, because I've just set EDITOR to a variety of
things and it worked just fine.

If you are not so claiming, then please stop writing "sensible-editor
doesn't support pico". It supports it just fine.

> I will vote AGAINST this proposal. It's certainly my right, and my
> considerations, whatever they are, are my considerations.

I agree. But please stop posting misleading statements.

sg