Re: Editor and sensible-editor

On 13 Jun 1999 at 14:19, Chris Waters wrote about "Re: Editor and...":

> > > Editor and sensible-editor
> > >   * Under discussion.
> > >   * Proposed on 2 Jun 1999 by Goswin Brederlow.
> > >   * Instead of having programs use $EDITOR and fall back to editor,
> > >     just use sensible-editor.
>
> > I didn't see support for pico in this [...]
>
> Are you trolling?  I don't see support for MS Notepad either, which I
> think is equally relevent.  Why on earth would a non-free program
> that's not part of Debian, and probably never will be, have any
> bearing on Debian policy?

One works under Debian, the other doesn't. While pico isn't part of
Debian, there is a package available and I still use it. While that is of
no interest to you, it makes a whole lot of a difference to me -- and
since sensible-editor doesn't support it -- I will vote AGAINST this
proposal. It's certainly my right, and my considerations,
whatever they are, are my considerations.

Brock Rozen                                              brozen@torah.org
Director of Technical Services                             (410) 602-1350
Project Genesis                                     http://www.torah.org/