Re: Linking -dev packages with their non dev package

On Mon, 07 Jun 1999, Laurent Martelli wrote:
> What first comes to my mind is to add a new kind of dependency called
> `devel'. For instance, libjpeg62 would depend on libjpeg62-dev through
> this dependency.
>
> Does it sound sensible ?

No, because sometimes people only want to run these libraries at runtime, i.e.
some graphics viewer needs libjpeg62, but they do not want to compile or
develop with this libraray and so they don't want the devel stuff... does it
sound sensible?

--
John Travers

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere
in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us!"