Linking -dev packages with their non dev package

Libraries are often distributed in two packages : one contains the
binaries, and the other one contains anything useful for compiling a
program using the library. Sometimes, there's even a third package
which contains the docs. I think that it could be usefull to somewhat
link those packages together so that apt can download the packages the
needed to compile a source package.

What first comes to my mind is to add a new kind of dependency called
`devel'. For instance, libjpeg62 would depend on libjpeg62-dev through
this dependency.

Does it sound sensible ?

--
Laurent Martelli