Re: Quality Assurance Group mini-policy

  Josip> However, if QA Group members make 3 consecutive bugfix uploads
  Josip> within two months, with still no action from the actual package
  Josip> maintainer, then the package will be marked orphaned, and the
  Josip> 'Maintainer' field of the package will be set to "Debian QA Group
  Josip> <debian-qa@lists.debian.org>".

  Wichert>  I don't like this very much. For example I did a NMU of ssh to
  Wichert> add PAM supports. I made some errors there and ended up doing two
  Wichert> more NMU's to fix those. According to those rules the packages
  Wichert> could have been marked orphaned since I did 3 uploads in as many
  Wichert> days. I suggest removing the `3 consecutive bugfix uploads' from
  Wichert> that paragraph.

Replace it with "no upload in three (months|weeks|)" ?  We have to do
something about maintainers who are MIA.

Just as a sideline, it inflates the number of maintainer and thereby distorts
our elaborate "quorum" mechanism. Isn't that even unconstitutional ?  ;-)

--
According to the latest figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless.