Re: Making sure that policy amendments don't die

Hi,

        You are correct in all points. However, this is not quie set
 in stone. I think I mayu have sdome changes to offer, more in a
 following message.

>>"Julian" == Julian Gilbey <J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk> writes:

 Julian> I'm not sure I fully understand this.  Can I try repeating it
 Julian> and you say if I am correct?  I'm also not quite sure how
 Julian> your categories and Joey's (amendments, consensus, active
 Julian> proposals and stalled proposals) match up.

 Julian> Original pre-formal discussion period:
 Julian>    Subject: [PROPOSAL] blah blah
 Julian>    Severity: wishlist

 Julian> Start of formal discussion period, when proposal is put forward as an
 Julian> amendment:
 Julian>    Subject: [AMENDMENT DD/MM/YYYY] blah blah
 Julian>    Severity: normal

 Julian> If and when a formal proposal is accepted, so that the proposed
 Julian> amendment is now waiting to be implemented into policy (as listed in
 Julian> Joey's weekly mailing as amendments or consensus?):

        If there is a consensus, the amendment goes on to the next
 stage. If there _is_ no consenstus, or the proposal is stalled at
 this point, the proposal should be marked rejected, and the

 Julian>    Subject: [AMENDMENT DD/MM/YYYY] blah blah
 Julian>    Severity: normal
 Julian>    Marked as forwarded

 Julian> When the accepted proposal is actually implemented into
 Julian> Policy, the -policy group will retitle bug as [ACCEPTED] and
 Julian> close the bug report.

        manoj
--
 I took a course in speed reading and was able to read War and Peace
 in twenty minutes.  It's about Russia. Woody Allen