Re: Dead packages bugs

> [As an aside, please use nnn-done@bugs.debian.org rather than control's
> "close" command, so that submitters receive an explanation]

Does Guy's hack to dpkg-dev do this? I close most of my bugs via my changelog.

> A large fraction of the "Maintainer Unknown" bug reports
> (http://www.debian.org/Bugs/db/ma/l-28_unknown-29_.html) are about packages
> that are no longer in Debian. I'm not sure there is concensus about closing
> them.
>
> Closing them appeals to my sense of tidyness, but keeping them open makes
> them available for future maintainers to pick up.

It would be nice to make the BTS more aware of the archive.  That way "dead"
packages are noted as "not closed, but not really valid".

I agree with leaving them so later developers might choose to pick them up and
close them.  But others (like libc4) should just be trashed.