Re: md5sum proposal

On Sun, May 23, 1999 at 02:55:58PM -0700, Christoph Lameter wrote:
> Seconded....
> On Mon, 17 May 1999, Piotr Roszatycki wrote:
> > I think DEBIAN/md5sums file should be required for all packages.

Just as a note: I don't object to this; I simply don't think it'll
improve security in any conceivable way, and as such I don't think it's
at all appropriate to claim that it does. I do think it has at least
some utility for recovery purposes.

FWIW, I also don't object to the logrotate proposal -- I just want to see
some packages get uploaded.

Cheers,
aj

       ``There's nothing worse than people with a clue.
             They're always disagreeing with you.''
                                 -- Andrew Over