Re: [lack of] Public apology to Joseph Carter

 >>  All in all, I think my words achieved exactly the desired effect,
 >> so I'm not going to apologize for them.  Sorry (for not
 >> apologizing).

 PSG> How about apologising for subjecting the test of us to them?

Nope.  Sorry (for not apologizing for ``subjecting'' you to them).

BTW, I find it somewhat laughable for you to righteously claim that
you didn't want to see what I wrote.  Why did you read it so
thoroughly if you really didn't want to see it?  That's like somebody
complaining to a porn site and saying ``your pictures are disgusting
and should be banned---especially the one where he [omitted].''

 PSG> I'm polite to everyone.

Publically criticising how I speak isn't being very polite.  Writing
Joseph privately and showing your support for him is a very different
thing.  I hope you did that.

 PSG> You might make it into a special procmail entry though if I have
 PSG> to read stuff like that again from you.

If you choose do that, may I simply recommend:

:0:B
* Committed to freedom and diversity
* fuck
/dev/null

All the purely ``offensive'' messages I write (like the one to Joseph)
have my signature on them, and are guaranteed to contain the word
`fuck', so it's a convenient thing to filter by.

Such a filter also clearly states the heart of the issue: your taking
offense is *your* problem, not mine.

If you are a parent, and are being offended on behalf of your
children, I'd chastise you for not teaching them how to cope in
today's four-letter-word society.

If you are a Christian, then I'd go further, thump the Bible at you,
and remind you that sons of God are slow to take offense.  A single
e-mail does not constitute ``slow.''

If you're a FIG, then I'd laugh with delight, because you were doing
this whole thing for the edification of the other people on the list,
and really don't have anything against me.  Brilliant move, giving me
the chance to help educate the Debian folks about censorship like
that!  I'll play the queer to your straight man any time!  (Except in
bed... I'm a happily married heterosexual.) :)

Thanks for writing.  I enjoy talking about things like this.

Fuck censorship.  Viva la revolution!

--
 Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@fig.org>  //\ I'm a FIG (http://www.fig.org/)
Committed to freedom and diversity \// I use GNU (http://www.gnu.org/)