Re: Software in main that is throughly useless without non-free software

On Sun, May 02, 1999 at 07:51:05AM -0700, Joseph Carter wrote:
> > > This makes free implementations of that codec non-us.  =>
> > Assuming they only patent it in the US.
> Software patents in pretty much the rest of the world are illegal.
> Including Germany for that matter.

Errr, what?

Software patents are perfectly valid in Oz. They're even administered
somewhat more sensibly than in the US.

Cheers,
aj

``Smart, sexy, single. Pick any two (you can't have all three).''
        -- RFC 1925, paraphrased: a guide to networking in the '90s