Re: contrib

Hi,
>>"Remco" == Remco Blaakmeer <remco-blaakmeer@quicknet.nl> writes:

 Remco> I'd think packages that are too buggy shouldn't be released at all, not
 Remco> even into contrib (_especially_ not into contrib[1]). Perhaps Debian
 Remco> Policy is wrong? Or am I missing some point here?

        I think you are correct. Could you please write up a
 replacement text for that? And possibly a paragraph expanding on your
 views on the fact that licence issues decide where a package goes? We
 need to fix that area of policy, and your contribution can be the
 kernel of a proposal to do that.

        thanks,

        manoj

--
 [We] use bad software and bad machines for the wrong
 things. R.W. Hamming