Re: Debian GNU [was: smarter way to differ architectures needed?]

On Sun, Apr 18, 1999 at 10:24:55AM -0600, Gordon Matzigkeit wrote:
[excellent explanation snipped]

> hwarch == CPU-VENDOR (no OS or kernel)

That makes it very clear, thank you!

> So, maybe I should make it `hwarch-i386-pc', to distinguish from
> `hwarch-i386-pc98', which doesn't exist yet.

Okay, this can be addressed when the need arises. i3856 is the a short cut
for i386-pc in the meantime.

>  MB> What about gdb?
>
> Yes, you are right.  I just wanted to point out that there will
> probably be more packages that have no kernel dependency than ones
> that do.

And I wanted just to be sure I am correctly informed :)

Thanks,
Marcus