Re: Are /cdrom and /floppy really forbidden by policy?

On Fri, Apr 16, 1999 at 09:50:38PM +0200, Remco Blaakmeer wrote:
> > I like this.  I'm not going to necessarily consider this something that
> > is going to be done on a Debian-wide scale (though I think it should be
> > personally), but I'm about to do it on MY system.  Thank you for the
> > suggestion.
>
> If this became standard, I would immediately change it back to what it
> is now on MY systam. I'd just hate to have to type that long path every
> time I had to mount a floppy disk.
>
> Ugly or not, I like the current situation.
>
> Anyway, that's just my opinion as a user. I'll shut up on this issue
> now, to prevent this list from clogging up with traffic from
> non-developers. :-)

That is your prerogative of course.  You could just as easily add
symlinks in the root if you like and change nothing.  And likely this
would be a lot like the /var/mail thing---only done this way on a new
system because it's not the kind of thing you want to do to a user with
an installed system.

* Culus fears perl - the language with optional errors