Re: [PROPOSED] moving the menu hierarchy into debian policy

Quoting Peter S Galbraith <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>:

> When I started to use Debian, I wondered why the menu sections
> were different categories than the packages sections.
>
> If the menu sections are so great, why don't we use them to sort
> packages?
>
> If the package sections are so great, why don't we use them to sort
> menus?
>
> Perhaps this is our chance to do something similar.
>
> Peter

The idea are welcome but I will not see everything in X11 put in an
X11 menu. The system work well currently, giving us lot's of
potential. For sure, sections are a good hint to where menu entries
goes but they can be different elsewhere you'll get empty menu
sections and other too much populate.

Fabien Ninoles        Chevalier servant de la Dame Catherine des Rosiers
aka Corbeau aka le Veneur                    Debian GNU/Linux maintainer
E-mail:                                                    fab@tzone.org
WebPage:                                    http://www.tzone.org/~fabien
RSA PGP KEY [E3723845]: 1C C1 4F A6 EE E5 4D 99  4F 80 2D 2D 1F 85 C1 70