Re: Are /cdrom and /floppy really forbidden by policy?

Previously Joseph Carter wrote:
> I have used them.  And I've seen that people tend to either use (in my
> case) sda4 or they format the things to use sda...  I have seen some
> exotic formatted zip disks with a partition on sda4 and another on sda1
> too.

Okay, but we're becoming silly now. We want to supply reasonable defaults
for people. I can make Cd's with ext2fs on them and use them without
problems, but I wouldn't expect a default configuration to support that.
The same holds for non-vfat floppies and zips that don't use vfat and the
4th partition.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl