Re: Cross-compilers

On Sat, Apr 10, 1999 at 01:42:34PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> Martin Mitchell wrote:
> > Indeed, and if you note the last point, the X Window System is excepted due
> > to "considerable precedent and widely-accepted practice." I'd say the same
> > is true of cross compiling environments.
>
> I'd say it isn't, because the fsstnd doesn't exempt it.

But then, a cross compiler setup is not really a "software package", so I
think the paragraph in question doesn't apply to cross compilers.

I think the committe just didn't take cross compilers into consideration at
all. We should contact them and let them now that cross compilers appear to
be not addressed by the standard.

Thanks,
Marcus