Re: Mechanism for removing developers

> > 12 months ?  If i send an bug-report i expect an answer within 1-2 weeks!! Ok, for
> > some packages (like dpkg) i wait longer.
> >
> > So, if a maintainer doesn't answer within _one_ month he should be mailed!!! After
> > a second month he should be set to 'hold'.
>
> That's too extreme. 2 month vacations are not unheard-of.

Then we know (hopefully) that he is on vacation. Thats not the point. If we had a
maintainer database we could then set the maintainers to different state's:

[] active
[] on short vacation (1d - 4 weeks)
[] on long vacation ( 1 months - ...)
[] not active

This thread is only for the last state. The maintainer doesn't fix bugs, doesn't
responce on mails and noone does know where he is.

Greetings,

     Hartmut