Re: DRAFT: Fixing the architecture query options of dpkg.

Hi,
>>"Marcus" == Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:

 Marcus> I realized that it should be probably done without adding a
 Marcus> further binary, but directly in dpkg-buildpackage.

	I agree with most of the rest of your analysis, but I still
 would prefer to have this pulled out into a stand alone package, and
 merely have dpkg-buildpackage invoke it. That way we can even build
 the ability for calling individual targets out of the rules file even
 when cross compiling.

	I think that having a stand alne script that can be invoked at
 will is better than embedding it in dpkg-buildpackage. After all, I
 may need to know the GNU OS independently of building the whole
 package, in some script.

	manoj
--
 Arnold's Addendum: Anything not fitting into these categories causes
 cancer in rats.