Re: Chosing release goals for slink

Martin Mitchell <martin@debian.org> writes:

> (btw severity "important-ish" means severity normal to the BTS - see
> #24255)

Duh; I'm well aware of that, I used it for that reason.  Please stop
being so damn condescending and also stop telling me what to do; I'll
do what I want, not what you want.

> You never did oppose my suggestion of being able to remove packages
> via a GPG signed email on technical grounds - it was a FUD type
> comment you made before.

"Technical grounds"?  Your initial was so vague it would be impossible
to oppose it on technical grounds; you're only now beginning to flesh
it out in any way. My reasons, again, for your benefit are:

 o Lots of effort for no or at best minimal gain.  So people can
   remove their own packages.  So what?  That is one tiny facet of
   ftp.debian.org, as the bugs against ftp.debian.org show.

 o I don't see anyone offering to implement this.  Do you expect Guy to
   do it?

Anyway, I give up, rant away Martin, I'm going to ignore you and
actually get stuff done rather than scam up meaningless buzz-word
release goals.  I think there are enough people doing that well enough
already.

*plonk*

--
James