Re: Chosing release goals for slink

Martin Mitchell <martin@debian.org> writes:

> James Troup <james@nocrew.org> writes:
>
> > Martin Mitchell <martin@debian.org> writes:
> >
> > > Yes, but not all of them, and not to the extent that you could call
> > > it full unattended (NB not unsupervised) autocompiling.
> >
> > Rubbish.
>
> Would you like to elaborate? Are the packages automatically pulled and
> compiled from Incoming, then uploaded to incoming if successful?

No, because that's damn silly.  a) packages can and often are rejected
from Incoming for any number of reasons, we don't have the CPU power
to waste cycles on pointless compiles, b) we do not do unsupervised
auto-compiling (at the very least a human looks at the logs for all
builds; generally new packages will be tested, if possible.  Uploading
if dpkg-buildpackage didn't die (as you imply) *is* unsupervised)).
Such automation (silly as it is) would be absolutely trivial to
implement, it's not implemented because I don't think it's the right
thing to do.

> The process isn't unattended at the moment, it needs constant
> supervision.

Martin, you obviously know nothing about our build process, so please
don't pretend you do.

--
James
~Yawn And Walk North~                                  http://yawn.nocrew.org/