RE: libc6_2.0.7 release notes...

I think a reasonable policy statement for this would be something like:

All pre-release versions will have debian revision of -0.x

Maintainer release revisions will start at -1 and increment in
whole numbers

Non maintainer releases will add a point version to the left of the
maintainer release number they are closest to or based on.  Additional
non maintainer releases will increment the point version number until
the maintainer officially releases another debian revision.  Non
maintainer releases will not cause the removal from the archive of the
maintainer release they are based on.

This seems to solve future problems with upstream beta software revision
numbers that don't allow us to use the upstream release number.

OK, I opened my big mouth and have put on my asbestos undergarments :-)

Pat