Re: Problems with build target

Hi,
>>"Shaleh" == Shaleh  <shaleh@livenet.net> writes:

Shaleh> Pardon my ignorance, but why not use dpkg-buildpackage or just
Shaleh> straight build?  That will do the stamping.

	The presence of a wrapper script (dpkg-buildpackage) should
 not be an excuse for not doing the right thing in the makefile called
 rules.

	manoj
 Unrelated rant: wrsapper/helper script tend to make humans sloppy
 and lax, secure in the trusing the godlike script and knowing it
 shall do the right thing. This is an accidet waiting to happen. In my
 say, we wrote scripts using a hammer and chisel on to slabs of
 granite called ``cards''; and fed it to the window in the clean room
 wall, and came back the next week to collect 20 pounds of core dumped
 onto paper. And we liked it!
--
 The meek will inherit the Earth..... The rest of us will go to the
 stars.