Re: `Every package must have exactly one maintainer'

Hi,

	I have only passing interest in this topic, but I wanted to
 point out that on *can* hold people resposible for things even i a
 volunteer project (I most definitely am responsible for my packages),
 we merely can not discipline them for failing to meet their
 responsibilities, apart from the prospect of negative public
 opinion. I think this is a distinction which is not unimportant.

	Secondly, one can already make non-maintainer uploads when a
 package needs it. No need for guilt trips.

	We should consider hard before diluting the responsibilty for
 a package.

	One only needs look at the bug list for one of the peioneering
 multi-maintainer packages (namely; dpkg)  to think that possibly when
 a goup is responsible for a package, in reality no one is responsible
 for it.

	manoj
 down to one wishlist bug
--
 He hath riches sufficient, who hath enough to be charitable. Sir
 Thomas Browne