Re: xbase: the .Xdefaults issue

    Ben> The XFree86 sources as shipped use ~/.Xresources as the
    Ben> default place for user X resources. Every other Unix in the
    Ben> world uses the file ~/.Xdefaults. I think we should support
    Ben> both by default, not just ~/.Xresources.

    Hamish> Interesting. I have .Xdefaults, and the settings in there
    Hamish> work if I use "startx", but not if I login on xdm.

Curiouser and curiouser.

    Hamish> And xdm seems to have disappeared from my system, so I
    Hamish> can't try it now to see if it makes the difference.

It's in the xdm package nowadays.. too many splits and no new virtual
package has come forth to Recommend: all the packages that used to be
in xbase. Sigh.

--
Brought to you by the letters D and B and the number 19.
"XTC versus Adam Ant -- which one will survive?" -- They Might Be Giants