Files directly in /usr/share

I caught a lintian error working on the upcoming release of licq
stating that I should not place files directly in /usr/share, and I
was wondering what the reasoning was.  In this particular case, there
is a single .tar.gz file containing base data that wants to be placed
directly in /usr/share, and no others.  Somehow, it doesn't seem
appropriate for /usr/share/misc (comparing it to the other contents),
yet it seems silly to create a /usr/share/licq for just one file.

Do we have a copy of the FHS somewhere in our distribution?  I didn't
spot a copy, and I'm currently completely chewing on my bandwidth and
don't want to suffer the lag time it would take to find it on the
web...

 Zed Pobre <zed@va.debian.org> | PGP key on servers, fingerprint on finger