Re: [OT] "government"

Scott McDermott <vaxerdec@frontiernet.net> wrote:
> Not true. What's being set up is a system that fulfills its own
> prophecy. People will cite rules and regulations now instead of
> resolving things socially. But I can't suggest a better way to do it
> either so...

There's a real problem here that needed to be solved.  The way things
used to work, there were a *lot* of things where we needed a leader
[First Ian Murdock, later Bruce Perens] to resolve.  Except we burned
out both of those leaders, and good leaders are hard to find.

What we have now takes a lot of the load off the leader.  It might even
cut down the traffic on debian-devel (or make it more useful) as we
don't have quite so strong a need to keep re-hashing the same issues.

Finally, the essence of the constitution is that the person who does
the work gets to make the decisions, for most things that matter.

--
Raul