Re: md5sums

debsums is used for md5sums generated *before* generating the .deb. They
will detect any tampering attempts or any other accidents in the whole
packaging in and out process. Its an attempt to guarantee that the files
are the way they were on the *maintainers* system.

tripwire adds md6sums *after* installing a .deb and a virus infected
system could already have modified files.