Re: [bmc@it.larc.nasa.gov: Proposal]

Previously Davide G. M. Salvetti wrote:
> Shortly, I propose to create special trees for special countries (like
> US, FR, and the like), which are likely to be few, filled with
> symlinks to only those packages of the full Debian allowed in those
> country.

No, for several reasons:
* you still have a mirroring problem: mirrors only mirrors trees, with the
  option to use regexps to exclude stuff. With this proposal you will have
  to determine if a package is linked from another tree to decide if it should
  be mirrored. That's very expensive to do..
* We should look at the actual reason why something can't be mirrored instead
  of doing weird things per country. Laws change, multiple countries can
  have the same laws, etc.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl