Re: proving a bug is gone

Hi,

	I have a package where I wrote a test suite. It is
 pkg-order. I think I spent about a fifth of the total time creating
 the package in writing the test suite. I don't think I could have
 written the tests had I not also been the author of the package.

	Writing regression tests for real is a hard, painstaking
 effort, often requiring intimate knowledge of the code, and often
 needs to be tied up with the code itself, changing as the source
 changes.

	Requiring test cases that check for all bugs is an impossible
 burden. Encouraging tests, on the other had, is probably a good
 idea.

	manoj
--
 Pick another fortune cookie.