Re: Should -dev and -dbg libary packages depend on ${Source-Version}?

    Ben> I've noticed that it's not policy for shared libraries'
    Ben> libblah-dev and libblah-dbg packages to depend on libblah1
    Ben> (=${Source-Version}) of the main library.

    James> BTW: this isn't quite right; the source version doesn't
    James> necessarily match the version number of the binary packages
    James> (e.g. bash && libreadline).  Some allowance must be made
    James> for this.

Ahh, so how does this work? If I write up an amendment to Policy
(would this be appropriate for Policy, as opposed to the Packaging
Manual? I'm not sure.)

How would I best include an exemption for packages like this?

--
Brought to you by the letters R and L and the number 10.
"You forgot Uranus." "Goooooooooodnight everybody!" -- Yakko and Wakko