Should -dev and -dbg libary packages depend on ${Source-Version}?

I've noticed that it's not policy for shared libraries' libblah-dev
and libblah-dbg packages to depend on libblah1 (=${Source-Version})
of the main library.

I was bitten by this when I forgot to manually keep the dependancy
up-to-date in debian/control, which allowed people to, say, install a
new libgtk-dev, but keep the old libgtk1 installed.

Since the ${Source-Version} variable is not terribly well-documented,
it might be a good idea to mention it heavily in the Shared Libraries
section of the Packaging Manual (or policy? I'm not sure.) or
something.

--
Brought to you by the letters C and G and the number 10.
"He's kissing Christian.. and it's making you die." -- that dog.