RE: It is ok to have a hardcoded Depends: libc6-dev ?

> So: It is ok that a package depends on libc6-dev in a hardcoded way,
> should that package depend on "libc-dev" instead, or is there (or
> should be) any other way to do this in an elegant way?

Santiago, my understanding is that -dev depends is on the wishlist.  There is
no equivalent for the shlibs.  I had problems while maintaining Imlib because
of this.  You have to list all the -dev's yourself.

Of course, feel free to help implement this (-: